Monday, September 20, 2010

My First Day In The Job

Today 20th Sepetember’2010, at 9.30 A.M I joined at BJMC (Bangladesh Jute Mills Corporation) as an Assistant Production Manager.

I live in Nakhalapara (Mohakhali) now. The head-office of BJMC is located on Adamjee Court (Anex Building), Matijheel, Dhaka. So, I took extra 1 hour in my hand and rush to Matijheel. But the day was started with a disgusting traffic jam from the Saat Rasta to Mogh Bazar signal. I was afraid about the time….if I can’t reach on my office at the very first day of my Job ….then what will be happened?

Luckily, I reached at the right time. I was well prepared with all of my papers…..but the sad true is that….the BJMC authorities were not prepared at all. Some of my colleagues and I were sitting in the waiting room in front of the Secretary Office. After a long time, it’s probably 1.30 or 2 hours late; one of the officer of BJMC (I don’t know what his designation is) gave us the pre-composed Joining letter on which we just signed. That’s it……that’s all of my Joining procedures.


After joining we had no work at all……and nothing was given to us to do. Suddenly Secretary (Jute & Textiles Ministry of Bangladesh) was ordered us to wait for a while, because he had something to tell us. I
thought, it would be about what will be our responsibility as an Assistant Manager, what the specific works we should do, or how to carry out all the works that will be given to us. …..or something like that. Actually I really expected in mind those things, because we the fresh graduates really need some instructions of BJMC. But we merely just waited….and nothing was told to us. We just waited and after make us waiting for a long time; eventually secretary send his officer to tell us – “Heay Engineers, honorable secretary had something to tell you, but he is quite busy now….and please leave for today”. I was shocked when I heard this….I expect to listen something……but they said nothing but giving us some annoying time for waiting. L

Eventually all of other colleagues were living and so did I.

From tomorrow 3 days fucking orientation class will be started. I said it fucking because what the lessons would be served to us is quite simple and no need to give such briefing to the Advanced Level Engineers like us. I heard some of the things from one of my friend who already joined there some days ago….I am damn sure they will tell the exact same thing that they usually tell everybody. I hope they will do better……and will teach us the real things that we really need to know in order to proper using of the learning directly on Jute Factories.

Anyways, there is no way for me….I am going to join the Orientation class tomorrow……will be continued for the next 3 days…..and after then my Job Posting will be given. I don’t know where my posting will be. But I expect to stay in Dhaka. There is only 2 Mills in Dhaka and one is situated in Narsingdi which is somehow near to Dhaka.

Just pray for me…..so that my Posting becomes in Dhaka………if it is done properly……I will be happy; yes Happy.




7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I remember I wrote about my first day in bdnews24 (although it was not my first job) on a blog that I have deleted long ago (was hosted on blogspot).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Sajib bro...I remember that post. :) Thanks anyways.

    Actually it's the feelings....the first job feelings are worth cherishing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nadia: Thanks sis.....Just pray for me. I need blessings to carry on with this Job and make me more eligible for the Promotions and better posts from where it is surely possible to do something for my country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Shamim ! Don't worry this is government office everything is running slowly. You have to wait and see the situation.You do outsourcing beside the Gov. Job. That will be better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Shamim ! Don't worry this is government office everything is running slowly. You have to wait and see the situation.You do outsourcing beside the Gov. Job. That will be better for you.

    Your Uncle
    Mohiuddin

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Farazi Uncle: Thanks a lot uncle for coming here.

    ReplyDelete